ISSUED BY: OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina
VACANCY NUMBER: VNBAHG00952
VACANCY TYPE: Local Contracted
FIELD OF EXPERTISE: Rule of Law
NUMBER OF POSTS: 1
DUTY STATION: Sarajevo
DATE OF ISSUE: 25 February 2021
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 25 March 2021 – 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
DATE OF ENTRY ON DUTY: 1 May 2021
NOTE: Please note that this position is funded under an Extra-Budgetary (ExB) Project, which runs until 31 December 2021, with the possibility of an extension subject to further receipt of funds.
The incumbent is based in Head Office, within the Rule of Law Section of the Human Dimension Department and they work under the ExB Project Supporting a More Effective Administration of Justice in Corruption and Organised Crime Cases in the BiH through Trial Monitoring (BiH Component) (hereinafter, Project).
Under the supervision of the Project Officer, the incumbent provides necessary programmatic, administrative, and logistical support for the preparation and implementation of the Project. The Project Assistant also contributes to other Project activities, such as monitoring and reporting on proceedings in corruption and organised crime cases. They work in close coordination with the Mission staff, BiH institutions, and other international organizations on all Project activities.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Specific duties include:
- Supporting and contributing to the Project planning and implementation by carrying out programmatic, administrative, and logistical tasks in relation to the Project activities;
- Assisting the Project Officer in preparing and conducting interviews with selected stakeholders and in performing preliminary analysis of data collected through case monitoring and stakeholder interviews;
- Assisting the Project Officer in all phases of reporting on the Project activities, including the quarterly Project implementation reports, as well as “country chapters” for Inception, Mid-term, and Final Reports;
- Collecting, reviewing, and compiling reports and inputs from BiH authorities related to the Project activities and contributes to the review of Project documents such as action plans, progress reports and proposals by providing comments and managing information received;
- Attending meetings and conferences with external partners in the capacity of a representative of the Project and writes reports and minutes on such events;
- Maintaining close ties with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to help achieve the Project’s objectives;
- Monitoring and reporting on proceedings in corruption and organised crime cases when necessary;
- Co-ordinating the planning, preparation, and implementation of meetings, training programmes, peer-learning events, and conferences by preparing all necessary administrative and logistical arrangements;
- Organising travel arrangements for the Project team;
- Entering relevant data into the Mission’s records and provides related updates to Project staff when needed;
- Drafting correspondence in English and local language;
- Preparing summaries of relevant documents;
- Assisting with other various administrative duties;
- Providing simultaneous and consecutive interpretation in meetings, seminars, and conferences and translation of documents, reports, correspondence, and press articles from English to local language and vice versa; this also includes reading through original material and rewriting it in the target language ensuring accuracy and retention of the meaning of the original source material;
- Working closely with the relevant Mission staff to ensure coherence and coordination in
- Mission activities relating to the Project;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Completed secondary school education, supplemented by formal studies in law, social/political sciences, or languages;
- Minimum four years of relevant work experience in the field of administration and knowledge of modern office procedures;
- Project management and/or project support experience;
- Knowledge of the rule of law and judicial reform in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Experience in producing reports and presentations in English and local language;
- Excellent written and spoken oral communication skills in English and in the local language;
- Established simultaneous/consecutive interpretation and translation experience;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications.
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 2,298.08 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
Izvor: Hocu.ba (www.hocu.ba)